Strategically located at the beginning of the Annapurana trekking trails (one of the premier trekking experience in the world.) Pokhara Lake Side has become a booming tourist town with everything to offer from night life to 5-Star accommodation, enjoy roast fish or real Italian made pizza, fresh juice and genuine Nepali cuisine, your hearts delight will be found in Pokhara Lakeside.
In Pokhara you'll find every adventure sport imaginable: trekking, rafting, para-gliding, mountain biking, kayaking, caving, rock climbing, motorcycle riding, there is just so many things to do!
- Dashain start September 28th
- Tihar is October 25th to October 28th
- This will be a great time to be in Pokhara or up trekking in the Annapurna's.
- Winter trekking season has started. Christmas a new years street festival will be starting Dec.24.
Right click save this free map of Pokhara.
If you are wondering where to start looking for a Guesthouse or Hotel in Pokhara you can consider:
- North Lakeside (Kharhare): Cheaper backpacker accommodations from 200Rs to 500Rs per night. Hippie area.
- Central Lakeside: Busy and noisy hotel area catering to large groups and short stays. Many generators.
- South Lakeside: (Gauri Ghat): Mid-range backpacker guesthouses and hotels. Close to park and good views of Annapurana range
- Dam Side: An area not so popular with tourist, a number of guesthouse may suit your liking.
|Arriving at the tourist bus stand in Pokhara warning: You will be greeted by an army of touts, may offer 'free taxi' but rooms rates will be higher.|